Posted by : David Guyll August 06, 2011
- September and October: Oriental-flavored articles. Specifics mentioned were oriental themes, a ninja-assassin and kanji runepriest build, and an optional honor system in Unearthed Arcana.
- November and December: Support for Heroes of the Feywild. Specifics were fey themes, an article on the Moonshaes, an adventure with Baba Yaga's dancing hut, and an Unearthed Arcana article on arcane duels.
- January and February: More Forgotten Realms stuff, such as Cormyr, Channel Divinity articles on Forgotten Realms deities, elemental themes, and monsters from Fiend Folio.
Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium
- Older items are supposed to be tagged as per the rarity system.
- No new rituals.
Madness at Gardmore Abbey
- Many encounters are purported to have non-combat options, and it is supposed to have sandbox elements. It was also mentioned that they are moving away from linear adventures.
Heroes of the Feywild
- Wandering skald, an Essentials-style bard build.
- New druid build.
- Barbarian build that is both a defender and a striker; you start out in defender mode, but when you rage transition to striker.
- Character themes mentioned were agent of the unseelie fey and fey lord, the latter of which gives you a permanent companion character.
- Races mention were dryad, satyr, and pixie (which can fly at 1st-level).
- Supported with D&D Encounters season Beyond the Crystal Cave (supposed to have lots of social roleplaying) and Fortune Card set Fury of the Feywild.
Power of the Plane Below
- Essentials sorcerer build.
- Shaiir build.
- Supported by D&D Encounters season Elder Elemental Eye (focus on exploration) and Fortune Card set Spiral of Tharizdun.
- September's Lair Assault is called Forge of the Dawn Titan. The DM will have a menu of monsters to choose from, and it is supposed to be highly adversarial. The next adventure is pirate themed, and in the third you defend and island from dinosaurs.
- Lords of Waterdeep boardgame in March, which will involve sending adventurers on quests to try and rule the city.
- New Dungeon Tiles sets: Shadowgast Manor (haunted house theme) and Cathedral of Chaos (with diagonal corridors).
- A new map pack product was announced, and will be priced the same as Dungeon Tiles.
- Book of Vile Darkness is supposed to "allow" for evil campaigns, but not be as "bad" as the 3rd Edition one.
- In April there will be an Undermountain dungeon crawl adventure with 80 encounter areas, a dungeon generator, plot hooks, and a big-ass poster map.
- The seeker was mentioned as not being played very much at all, so they are thinking of changing it up to make it better.
- Pdf book releases are being considered (working on pricing).
- Eberron themes planned.
- Themed minis sets will be announced next year, along with a minis boardgame that uses them.