Posted by : David Guyll August 31, 2011
I got a Lair Assault kit yesterday, and after looking through the 16-page, digest sized booklet have this to say: good luck.
|Size matters not. Judge it by its size, do you?|
The tips I will give are that fire resistance will be helpful, and to keep an eye out for an easter egg--its on the cover, actually--and some situational benefits scattered here and there. Also, be aware of the time; I would be impressed by a group that manages to take out every monster in the dungeon, especially on Nightmare difficulty. In fact, I think that glory hounds are going to have to make quite a few playthroughs to get all the awards (especially since two require you to die). Speaking of glory awards, here is the entire list sans secret ones:
- Epic Win (20): Defeat the challenge on Nightmare mode.
- I'll Be Back (10): Get a 20 or higher on a death save.
- It's Critmas (5): Score a crit.
- Monster Slayer (20): Kill every enemy in the dungeon.
- Commando (20): Do not use magic items or consumables.
- One Shot (10): Drop a non-minion enemy from full hit points to zero in one hit.
- Racy Group (10): Win with every character as the same race.
- Tough As Nails (20): Win without spending a healing surge.
- TPK (5): Everyone dies.
- It's a Trap! (5): Disable a trap/hazard.
- Dungeon Mapper (10): Open every door in the dungeon.
- Give My Regards (5): Knock an enemy of a ledge/into lava.
- I Regret Nothing (5): Fall off a ledge/into lava.
- Lava Nice Day (10): Die from lava.
- Speed Demon (10): Win in five rounds or less.
- Treasure Hunter (5): ???
- Vell's Foil (10): Win the challenge.
There are three of these, one with 10 points and the other two worth 5.
I'll be running this at Knightfall Games as time and attendance warrants; it can be ran any day of the week, so fire off an email if you want to give it a shot.