RPGaDAY2015: Catch-up & Favorite RPG Setting

Going ot start out by playing a bit of catch-up. For Day 18, my favorite sci-fi role-playing game would probably be Edge of the Empire. I've played other Star Wars role-playing games, despite not particularly liking Star Wars very much, and I dug the mechanics from that one the most.

I played Heroes Unlimited all of once, which is a supers game based on the same system that Rifts uses, and haven't played one since ("supers" games just don't interest me at all), so I'm just going to skip over Day 19.

The only horror role-playing game I've played has been Fright Night, though as I mentioned in this post I'd looove to play a game more focused around the concepts and content from Silent Hill. I've heard mention of Dread, but we currently only play over Hangouts and don't own a Jenga tower, so I don't expect that to change any time soon, if ever.

My favorite RPG setting is of course A Sundered World, because I created it, which means it has everything I want to see (and doesn't have anything I don't want to see) in a gonzo, fantasized "space"-ish setting with magical ships.

For settings made by other peeps, Eberron and Planescape would be tied for second: Planescape is what got me into Dungeons & Dragons, but Eberron was less mentally taxing and easier for new players to get into (most didnt' want to deal with Planescape at all).

Dark Sun and Ravenloft would be tied for third, just depends on whether I'm in the mood for fantasy post-apoc or horror.

Announcements
The Druid has been released into the wild! It's an alternative to the "official" druid class. I've been told that it feels more flexible and playable than the one in the book, but you can check out the entire core class and about five of the advanced moves, so check it out.

Lichfield is available for public consumption. If you want a concise adventure with a Silent Hill feel, be sure to check it out! Primordial Machine is also out, so if you want to catch a glimpse of A Sundered World, now's your chance! Finally, we've updated If These Stones Could Scream.

The Dungeon World GM Screen is currently available in pdf and landscape insert formats. No matter which you choose, you get eight sets of pdfs that let you have access to the screen in both landscape and portrait orientation, in color or black and white, and with or without art.

We're waiting on the portrait inserts. Assuming they look good, they'll be available soon. They're now available.

Next up, mini screen!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.