Ankur 2nd Edition on Kickstarter

Disclaimer: I know the guy doing this, but he didn't ask me to promote it, and I have nothing to gain by doing so.

There's a 2nd Edition of Ankur on Kickstarter, a few days in it's over halfway to its modest goal of $2,000. It's $10 for either the Player or Game Master's Guide, but you can drop $20 for both, plus the Land of the First People PDF as well, saving yourself $10 in the process.

I feel like I've heard of Ankur before, but never played. Unfortunate, given that it's been out for "nearly two decades" (according to some text on the Kickstarter page), which means that it would have originally been released around the time I was still buying and trying various games. Or, at least wanting to. My former group(s) generally stuck to Dungeons & Dragons.

For current Ankur players, or those that otherwise enjoyed it, I'm assuming this is an auto-back. Going entirely off of Kickstarter copy, it's based on various Middle-Eastern mythologies, features aliens and alien technology, alongside magic and dinosaurs. If that sounds interesting, check it out the page: there's more to read, and some nice pictures to look at.

On that not, part of the purpose of this Kickstarter is to spruce up the art and layout (also addressing typos and errata). Not sure what it looked like before, but here's what it's going to look like, now:



No comments

Powered by Blogger.