Nearly two years ago I wrote a draft on how I envisioned drow fitting into A Sundered World, and not much has changed since then. Actually the only thing that has really changed (aside from switching mechanics from d20 to Powered by the Apocalypse) is that I'm not referring to them as drow at all anymore, just dark elves.
This is partially because I've never really liked the Dungeons & Dragons portrayal of dark elves. Not because of any social justice bullshit about their skin color or whatever, but because they're still, even in 5th Edition, flat, uninteresting, and utterly nonsensical (so, par for the course when it comes to 5th Edition flavor).
The short version is that dark elves in A Sundered World serve the Weaver, a mighty spider spirit that helped them after the Sundering. They dwell in the darker regions of the world, venturing forth to hunt in swift, spinous ships made from chitin, bone, and sheets of webbing. Their warriors are similarly draped, wielding venomous weapons and often bearing a variety of mutations.
I realized that I haven't written up race moves for them, but the whole spider-mutation thing is going to be a compendium class. Here's a work-in-progress art preview for the Dwellers in Darkness monster setting (thinking of adding weapons, maybe a second set of arms):
Aaand here's a preview for some dark elf stat blocks:
- The Oni went up on the first of the month. You can read more about it here. The Swashbuckler is next on our class docket.
- The All of the Playbooks bundle has been updated to include The Oni. If you purchased the bundle prior to The Oni, check for a discount coupon so you can get it at the "bundle" price.
- We've added a couple new bundles: the Booty Bundle and Monster Mash Bundle.
- All of our 10+ Treasures volumes are on sale for the entirety of the month.
- 10+ Treasures hit Best Electrum Seller a while back. It's our first product to hit that milestone, and we did it in under a year, too!
- The Skeleton and The Vancomancer hit Best Silver Seller (and received a hefty update), and The Psion is now a Best Copper Seller (meaning most of our stuff is a best something or other).