Posted by : David Guyll November 05, 2010
The new purple worm is two levels lower, a brute, and actually lives up to its solo status. I'm just going to skip to the powers, since obviously hit points and defenses are going to be lower.
- It has two traits, ponderous and blooded frenzy, which allow it to take immediate actions while stunned, dazed, or dominated, and grant an extra minor action while bloodied respectively.
- Though lower level, its bite deals 10 more damage on average.
- Swallow is replaced by devour whole, allowing it to eat you in one action instead of three. The attack deals 3d10 + 7 damage on average, and you take 10 more points of acid damage while swallowed.
- Its also got several minor action attacks; fling deals 3d10 + 8 damage and slides the target quite a distance, poison stinger only deals 2d8 damage, but also lumps on ongoing 15 poison damage, and regurgitate lets it barf up a swallowed creature up to 4 squares away, and deal 3d10 + 8 damage.
- Finally, thrash is an immediate reaction that triggers when it gets hit by any attack, targeting up to two creatures, and dealing 3d12 + 5 plus a 6 square push.
So, there you have it. With a Melee range of 3 for all of it's attacks and plenty of Minor Action options to boot, this guy is going to be slapping the entire party around. While not as resistant to lockdown conditions as say, a dragon, he can still reactively swat you and do some other nasty things in the process. They're much scarier now, even without some bullshit DC 25 Strength-draining poison attack.